New Cloudspokes Entry – Salesforce Global Search
I’m just wrapping up my entry for the CloudSpokes Salesforce global search utility challenge, codename Sherlock. I’m fairly pleased with how it turned out and figured I’d post the video for all to enjoy. I can’t post the code since this is for a challenge, but feel free to ask any questions about it.
- Fast operation using JS remoting. No page reloads. Ajax style searching.
- Search any objects. Not limited to a single object type search
- Smart formatting adjusts search result display based on data available about the object
- Easy customization using callbacks and jQuery binds
- Flexible, can be modified to suit many different requirements
- Easy to use jQuery plugin based installation
- Efficient each search consumes only one database query
- Reliable return type makes processing search results easy
- CSS based design makes styling results quick and easy
- Structured namespaced code means smaller memory footprint and less chance of collisions
- Deployable package makes for easy install
- Over 90% code coverage with asserts provides assurance of functionality
You can check out the full documentation and feature list here
I don’t know why exactly they wanted such a thing, but it was certainly fun to write!